Restaurant waiting staff in Cardiff required
ca. 40 hours per week.
Experienced and focused restaurant waiting staff required for a unique, upmarket restaurant based in the heart of Cardiff city centre. The positions that are available are full time and part time for an immediate start.
The restaurant is set in a stunning location with food inspired by British and contemporary European cuisine. The successful applicant will be joining a motivated, skilled group of waiters and waitresses with a great sense of teamwork. This restaurant is extremely popular especially with events such as rugby, concerts and theatre nearby so an energetic and motivated person is a must.
If you think that you fit in to a highly motivated and driven team do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Please email your CV to the address listed below and should you be successful you will be contacted for interview.
Looking for 2 chef de parties
One full time, one for seasonal work, to work in a busy city centre restaurant, with a high turnover of covers, must be able to work in a team as well as to think for there self, must be able to keep calm under pressure, and able to serve food to a high standard, someone who is clean and highly presentable as you will be working in an open plan kitchen someone who is self-motivated and has a passion for food
Salary 18-19 depending on experience
The chef de partie, is charged with the duty of running a specific section of the kitchen in a restaurant. In restaurants with large kitchens, the chef has two or more people working under them. In smaller kitchens however, the chef de partie works independently. A chef de partie is also referred to as a station chef or line cook.
Duties and Responsibilities
The chef de partie’s job duties and responsibilities are:
- Assist s and supports the head chef and sous chef in food preparation
- Coordinates banqueting events alongside other team members
- Helps with menu planning
- Meal preparation
- Oversees food preparation, cooking and presentation in the restaurant
- Enforces safety, health and hygiene standards in the kitchen
- Troubleshoots any problems that may arise in the kitchen
- Ensures that food goes to the customers in a timely manner
- Manages and supervises the commis chefs that work under them
Skills and Specifications
A chef de partie is required to have particular skills and knowledge that will enable them perform their duties effectively and efficiently. A chef de partie’s job skills and specifications include:
- Must have a love and passion for food
- Good management and organizations skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve problems
- The ability to work in work environments that are openly diverse
- The ability to work without help and in a team
Education and Qualifications
Must have an NVQ level 2 or higher
Up to date food hygiene certificate
At least two year experience at similar level establishment